What are Heat Shrink Cable Terminations?
Cable terminations play a very important role in the electrical and Power industry - they make electrical connections between a cable, the terminal of an equipment or the terminal of an electrical junction. Cable terminations can be one of any technology; heat shrink type, cold shrink type or Pre-moulded Slip On type. Heat shrink cable terminations are those terminations that need heat to make connections, and this blog will highlight their benefits.
Heat shrink cable terminations can be used for LV-MV-HV power cables present indoors and outdoors. Indoors, these cable terminations connect to substation switchgear, transformers and insulated cable boxes. Outdoors, they are used in overhead and underground distribution lines.
Following are the benefits of using heat-shrink cable terminations -
- High-quality heat shrink cable terminations have excellent strength
- They are highly resistant to chemicals, solvents, and extreme temperatures
- Highly quality cable terminations do not crack, melt or get displaced when applied properly
- The flexibility of heat shrink cable terminations allow them to be used in cases where cables have to be bundled together.
While heat shrink cable terminations work well in most conditions, they are not suitable for areas which have flammable gases in their environment. For instance, heat shrink cable terminations should be avoided close to gas pipelines.
At Compaq International, we have the following models of heat shrink cable terminations -
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations for Low Voltage Polymeric Insulated Cables up to 1kV
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations for Paper Insulated (PILC) Cables up to 1KV
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations for Polymeric Insulated Cables up to 3.3KV
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations suitable for 1 Core Polymeric insulated cables up to 42kV
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations suitable for 3 Core Polymeric insulated cables up to 42kV
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations suitable for 1 Core Aerial Bunched (ABC) cables up to 36kV
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations suitable for 1 & 3 Core Paper Insulated (PILC) cables up to 36kV
- Heat Shrink Cable Terminations suitable for Polymeric Insulated Cables up to 72.5kV
We deliver excellent quality products that conform to international standards and promise support not only at the time of the sale, but also after it so that you never run into any problems with our cable terminations or any of our other products.